Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO)
Part Time (0.6)
The governors at BJR are looking to appoint an inspirational and inclusive member of staff to take a lead for Special Educational Needs across the school. You will lead a team of staff supporting children with a range of needs, both within mainstream classrooms and our two provisions; Wisdom Class – our provision for children with complex SEN needs, and Respectfulness Class – our provision for children with behavioural needs, ensuring excellent progress and outcomes for all. As a member of the leadership team you will work with a range of professionals to ensure that the needs of all learners are met and that resources are used effectively.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a highly committed and motivated family of professionals who want the very best for our children.
Could this be you?
Bishop John Robinson Church of England Primary School is situated on the border of Greenwich and Bexley. With just one form of entry, we serve a strong community of families who value education and have high aspirations for their children. Our strong Christian Values (Compassion, Forgiveness and Trust) support all aspects of school life and help form the basis of how we behave, learn and play.
What we can offer you:
- Small, 1 Form of Entry Primary School with a strong family feel
- Inner London Allowance
- Autonomy to lead and develop SEND across the school
- A real opportunity to make your mark on a school and its community
- A great staff team to work with
- Enthusiastic and motivated children from families who value education
- Support and guidance from a supportive leadership team
- Opportunities to develop your practice in a variety of ways through partnerships with Royal Greenwich, the Southwark Diocesan Board of Education and the local Royal Greenwich Thamesmead Cluster
Visits are highly recommended. Contact the school office on 020 8310 9160
Bishop John Robinson Church of England Primary School is committed to the welfare, protection and safety of its pupils and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Deadline for application Thursday 9th May at noon 2019
Interview date Friday 17th May 2019
Start date 2nd September 2019