It is our belief that school uniform is an important aspect of the School’s ethos as it gives the children a sense of identity and a sense of belonging. Wearing the correct uniform gives clear and important messages to both the children and the local community regarding how we value our school.
Our school uniform is;
Uniform for autumn and spring Term
- Grey trousers, shorts, skirt or tunic
- Plain white long sleeved or short sleeved blouse or shirt
- Grey or black socks or tights
- School cardigan or sweatshirt (which must have the school logo)
- Sturdy black shoes fastened with elastic, laces, buckles or Velcro which the child is able to take on and off independently. Sandals, open footwear or shoes that do not protect the foot or can easily slip off are not allowed.
- School tie: elasticated ties in EYFS and KS1, real ties for KS2 (see below for tie tying videos and guides)
- Branded book bag
Optional Summer Term uniform
- Red/White checked dress
- White polo t-shirt (ties are optional in the summer)
- BJR branded cap
Normal School uniform is not permissible for PE/Games. Each child must be equipped as outlined below every School day. Kit must be kept in a clearly named (on the outside) PE Bag, brought to School each Monday and taken home for washing each Friday.
Parents have two options for purchasing school uniform, both are online (school does not sell uniform);
- Uniform items - especially jumpers - can be ordered online from www.stitchdesign.co.uk/
- A more affordable option is to purchase from www.myclothing.com orders from which the school receives a 5% donation. Please see the links on the bottom of this page for more information