Parents as Partners
We know schools work best when parents are engaged with their child’s education. We are fortunate that our parents give invaluable support in a variety of ways to everyday school life.
Parents as Partners at Bishop John Robinson C of E Primary School started in September 2018 as a forum for parents to come together, once a month, to discuss how they can contribute positively to the school community.
This successful partnership has given parents the opportunity to learn how to support their children at home through various workshops such as Maths, English, Relationship and Well-being, Healthy Eating and Behaviour Management workshops and given the school the opportunity to support the wider community by organising Fund Raising events, such as Christmas, Easter and Summer Fairs with parents.
To make good use of parents’ expertise and willingness to enhance their own learning and that of their child and other children and to actively involve them in school life we will encourage parents to:
- Volunteer to support within classrooms and/or become parent governors.
- Attend school trips
- Attend class and praise assemblies
- Attend school performances, events and celebrations
- Become involved in school projects
- Participate in Family and Adult Learning events organised by school
- Join or support the school fundraising group
For more information about Parents as Partners at our school or to become a parent partner please contact the school office.